Wednesday, January 29, 2020

The Big Bad Boulder


I was coming back to Mom's from taking Graham to his Dr. appt.  There was lots of construction on her street as they are adding a sidewalk to the ampitheater side of the road.  They had the 2 lane road narrowed down to one lane and separated by cones.  On the amphitheater side of the road there was a big truck dumping dirt.  I noticed something in the middle of the road.  It was a big brown ball.  I assumed it was dirt from the truck and since I couldn't swerve anywhere to avoid it with cars in the other lane I decided to just straddle it with the car so the tires wouldn't hit it.  Well as it turned out it was NOT a ball of dirt.  It was a HUGE rock covered in dirt. Graham and I realized this as we heard a horrible loud crunching noise and we got bounced all around in the car.  I drove to mom's and looked under the car and sure enough it was all banged up.  With all the rage of a mama bear I stormed back up the hill and had a little chit chat with the truck driver.  He came to mom's and took a look at the car and agreed it was bad news.  I got the company's insurance info and through lots of phone calls and other annoying things we were able to have the total frame of the under carriage redone.  They also noticed some other work that needed to be done and asked if we wanted it done at the same time.  We said yes and of course would pay for it $400-600 but when it was all said and done the car place couldn't find the bill for it and it ended up being a freebie.  (This happened on April 27, 2015)













No comments: